Saturday, August 11, 2012

First 5K in Colorado DONE!

I'm supposed to run a 10K next weekend but I've been slightly injured with my dumb IT Band.  So I haven't really been able to run nearly as much as I planned.  I saw there was a very small 5K in the next town over and decided I'd try it to see how I'd do since I always can run a lot further and faster when there's others around me. The weather was perfect, warm but the sun disappeared just long enough for the run, part trail, partly cement, barley any hills (except for right at the end when it seemed huge!) I am not sure about my official time yet but I think I did really well for me, so I'm pleased. :)  Thanks Jason and Cooper for coming out to support me!

Beginning of the race -- I'm off! We started by going around the parking lot so I passed Jason but then it was out in the open field


part of the trail run


Mile one - over a bridge


Mile 2 (that biker probably wasn't pleased to have to be with all us runners on his morning ride!)


My cheerleaders :)

After the run


Can't really see my face but finished my first Colorado 5k and very proud. :)  (have to wear a hat here while I run or I can't see with the sun!)
Notice how blue the sky was after the run and how cloudy it was during - it was perfect for the run!!



No comments:

Post a Comment